Our school has
１．Strong and professional administrators and teachers.
- lead instruction at the school and know in depth the school’s curriculum and instruction provided in each grade level.
- help teachers develop instructional strategies and techniques and encourage teamwork.
- Make time for in-service training and seminars for the school’s entire staff.
- Hold current certification in the classes they are teaching and have mastered the subject matter.
- Maintain high expectations for student achievement, which is evident in every aspect of classroom work.
- Teach students how to learn.
２．A broad curriculum available to all students that
- is within the guidelines established by Ontario Ministry of Education that is appropriate to the students’ age and educational background
- places a strong emphasis on basic curriculum including Science, Math, History, Geography, English, and the Arts
- values the importance of multicultural education and encourages students to experience other cultures
３．A philosophy that all children can learn if taught, coupled with high expectations for all students
- learning is promoted as the most important reason for attending school.
- each lesson offers a challenge for students, but each also is within the student’s ability to attain.
- homework is assigned with a purpose, usually to reinforce a concept taught or to give additional practice.
４．A safe, clean, caring, and well-organized climate that is conducive to learning, which
- gives students a strong sense of belonging;
- boosts a high morale.
５．An ongoing assessment system that supports good instruction.
- Clear goals are established as to what students are expected to learn.
- The curriculum is guided by carefully constructed instructional goals, with texts, resource materials, and experiences orchestrated to guarantee success.
- A high level of parent and community involvement and support.